- You must comply with all of the terms and conditions of the Affiliate Agreement, the applicable agreements https://legendarymarketer.com/affiliate-agreement/and policies referred to below, and all applicable laws, regulations, and rules when you use Legendary Marketer and our Services.
- We own or license all intellectual property and other rights, title, and interest in and to Legendary Marketer, our Services, and the materials accessible on or through Legendary Marketer and our Services, except as expressly provided for in the Affiliate Agreement. For example, and without limitation, we own trademarks, copyrights, and certain technology used in providing our Services. You will not acquire any right, title or interest therein under the Affiliate Agreement or otherwise unless expressly provided for herein. You may not use our intellectual property on any social media accounts, pages, or websites.
- You may not claim to be Legendary Marketer, David Sharpe, or similar in any capacity. You may not use the company name (Legendary Marketer) or David Sharpe's name on any social media accounts, pages, URLs or Website names.
- Anything you communicate in marketing or advertising any Legendary Marketer service or opportunity must be true and accurate. Claims that relate to any Legendary Marketer service or opportunity that are untrue or fraudulent are strictly prohibited. You may not claim that any government, person, or entity endorses or supports Legendary Marketer. You may not use the intellectual property of any other person or entity in advertising any Legendary Marketer service or opportunity. You may not make income claims about Legendary Marketer in your advertising.
- You may only have a single membership account. You will not be paid any Commission or Bonus for payments made on your own account(s). You are not permitted to open a Legendary Marketer account under the name of another person or entity, or under a fictitious name. You are not permitted to open a Legendary Marketer account under any name merely to obtain Commissions, Bonuses, or any other compensation, including without limitation incentives or prizes which may be offered from time to time. You may not pay for another person’s account. You are not permitted to offer cash rebates or other monetary incentives to actual or potential Sales.
- We ask that you respect the Legendary Marketer online community. Your conduct when using Legendary Marketer and our Services should be guided by common sense and basic etiquette. To further these common goals, you agree not to:
- Disparage the products or services of any company or individual.
- Impersonate or represent us, our staff, or other industry professionals.
- Link to or post content not allowed on Legendary Marketer.
- Solicit a user’s password or other account information.
- Harvest user information for any purpose.
- Use racially or ethnically offensive language; discuss or incite illegal activity; use explicit or obscene language; or solicit or post sexually explicit images.
- Harass, threaten, or embarrass anyone.
- Post anything that you do not have the legal right to post; and
- Violate any law, or make any untrue or misleading statement.
- We may suspend or terminate your use of Legendary Marketer or our Services, including without limitation, if We believe, in our sole and absolute discretion, that you have breached a term of the Affiliate Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that all suspensions and terminations shall be made in our sole discretion and that We shall not be liable to you or any other party for said suspension or termination.
“Dos and Don’ts” of Legendary Marketer:
1) Identifying yourself as an affiliate and making proper disclosures
- Disclose when you’ve been paid. This includes sponsorships, paid reviews, and links to products that aren’t your own (i.e. an affiliate product).
- Disclose on each page a link is used. Even if you’ve previously disclosed a particular affiliate link, it’s necessary to do so again when it’s used in a different area of your site.
- When unsure, disclose anyway. This won’t cause any harm, and may actually prevent legal headaches down the road.
- Be direct. Keep the disclosure short, and don’t beat around the bush.
- Use ‘trigger words'. It’s best to use words that let your reader know immediately that you may receive compensation from your links. These words include “compensation” and “commission”.
- Avoid niche jargon. Avoid the use of words that the general public may not know, such as “affiliate”, “pay-per-click” (in reference to ads), etc., unless you also provide a direct explanation for them in your disclosure.
2) Income claims using proper disclosures
Stephanie is giving a video testimonial on YouTube about the benefits of her network-
marketing company’s pay plan. She states that “In this business, when I recruited just 20 people, I was making over $2,000 per week!” In that particular program, the average distributor earns $235 per month.
What Stephanie wants to do:
Stephanie would probably not want to provide an income disclosure at all. I’m just being candid. Rarely in videos prepared by affiliates do you see any kinds of income disclosures.
What Stephanie needs to do:
The safest bet is a text disclosure displayed simultaneously to the claim in question in addition to a more detailed audio/video formatted disclosure at the end of the testimonial. Or Stephanie could provide a “visual cue” during the video where the claim is made to communicate to the viewer that disclosures can be found at the end of the video. Visual cue example: Results not typical. See earnings disclaimer at the end of this video.
Audio/video earnings disclaimer that is to be added to the end of any video where an earnings claim is made.
“This is not a get rich quick program nor do we believe in overnight success. We
believe in hard work, integrity and developing your skills if you want to earn more
financially. As stipulated by law, we can not and do not make any guarantees about
your ability to get results or earn any money with any of our products or services, or the
products and services we recommend. The average person who buys any “how-to”
information gets little to no results. Any references or examples used within this page,
or by someone on this page or video, are real and documented but are used strictly for
example purposes only. Your results will vary and depend on many factors, including
but not limited to your background, experience, and work ethic. All business entails risk
as well as massive and consistent effort and action. If you're not willing to accept that,
please DO NOT PURCHASE ANY PRODUCTS FROM THIS PAGE.”
Adding this will no-doubt make you more trustworthy, of integrity, law-abiding and most likely help to convert more quality leads into sales.
3) Selling products vs. selling a “business opportunity”
Legendary Affiliate Terms To Be In The Know About
- Always disclose your affiliate relationship and that you get compensated if they buy through your affiliate link.
- Never make an income claim without a proper disclosure near by in the same format you made the claim (ie: on video = video disclosure)
- Never use someone else’s video, without their permission.
- Do not post screen shots from your back office.
- Do not use the word “scam” as clickbait in any video, article or post relating to Legendary Marketer, or anyone in the company.
- Do not target the keyword “Legendary Marketer” or “David Sharpe” in any of your advertising (Google, Yahoo, Bing).
- Do not send emails from the name David Sharpe or Legendary Marketer.
- Do not use Legendary Marketer, David Sharpe, or anything similar in any domains, social media, email accounts, business names or websites.
- Use the provided “Affiliate Resources” in your back office to promote Legendary Marketer.
- Engage with other members on the Legendary Marketer Facebook group.
- Follow up with your leads via email, social media, or other communication.
- Use your own name or unique business name on any social media, websites, domains, email addresses, etc.
- Use your own personal or business email when following up with your leads.
- Use any copyrighted images, videos, or other content that belongs to Legendary Marketer in your marketing.
- Spam leads via email, text, or social media about offers and services from Legendary Marketer
- Claim to be Legendary Marketer or David Sharpe on any social media accounts, even if being used to promote Legendary Marketer.
- Post commission screenshots from your back office or make any other kind of income claims in your marketing.
- Send emails from the name of David Sharpe or Legendary Marketer.
- Use Legendary Marketer, David Sharpe, or similar in any domains, social media, email accounts, business names, websites, etc.